A very unique experience with Aem HealthandFitness



Do you ever flick through fitness magazine pages and see those gorgeous fitness models? Only to think..." I should be so lucky to take part on that photo shoot." ...well as if you didn't see that one coming ...I was and I did! I went to assist Matt from Matt Marsh Photography in what I can only call a very unique experience ;)))


Sunday morning the alarm went off at 7.00 am!!! This could not be possible, right? No laying in bed, no plodding about in pajamas, for most of the morning. I had to get up, shower, a few stretches, mobility moves as you do, a light breakfast and ready. I had to get moving...This was the beginning of my unusual Sunday.


I arrived bright and early at the not so secrete location, the town centre was still asleep and the London air still a bit fresh. It felt as if the city belonged to me...
That moment was short lived as poor Matt had to come and pick me up...my mobile GPS had decided to make me go for a walk ...in circle! (Not amused face). Anyway, there I was still nice and early a coffee in hand, yes surprisingly a Paul Boulangerie was open and I was in perfect happiness bliss!. While waiting I had a short but brisk cardio...walking in circles in Richmond.
I had only corresponded with Matt over the internet and by text so far, so I was very pleased to finally met Matt .I always find it very exciting meeting new people.
Matt had came to pick me up. My first impressions of him were really good: very nice, very approachable and jolly man! This was going to be a good day!
It was indeed a beautiful day, but a bit too bright for our lovely photographer Matt from Matt Marsh Photography. We continued to Matt's studio to pick up some lighting and photography equipment and wait for the lovely Maija Kivelä, Miss Bikini UK 2011 (FAME) had won a photo shoot with Matt Marsh Photography.


Matts' studio is located just off the charming High street not far from Richmond Train station. Matt's studio had a good selection of flash heads, continuous lights, reflectors, wind machine, boom as well as various back drops, huge Apple computers were sitting on the desk and linked to even bigger flat screens for client's pictures when viewing in the studio... I began to wonder what exactly I was going to assist him with...I just hoped it was not something too complicated...Gulp!!
Matt had pre selected a few onsite backgrounds in Richmond, some more unusual than others: from an abandoned building to a bright yellow garage door...for a bikini shoot? I quickly learnt that the art of great photography was all about texture and lighting. Lighting especially proved to be a big problem on the day, never thought I would be the one to complain about this but, the sun was too bright!! not only was it a nuisance for the pictures but we were all starting to melt, I even managed to get sunburn :(
It was only a matter of time before Maija managed to stop traffic and also managed to intrigue some of the much older Richmond residents ... this was hilarious!




There was also an unforgettable episode which tested Matt's patience and skills: we experienced some trouble with our "fold away" changing facilities...after a multitude of unfolding and folding away the mobile changing facilities, it would not fold back any more. There we were with all the equipment to carry around under the hot boiling sun and trying to fold away this thing. But Matt triumphed in the end as a real hero as you will see on the pictures...he tamed the beast!



Our work on location was finally done! After different location, changes of outfits we stopped to grab some well deserved lunch before going back to Matt's studio.



Thankfully the studio was nice and cool which allowed us to finish the day with some studio shots of the lovely Maya. Matt was experimenting with various lighting effects and background until we found the perfect one!


I was really getting into this in the end; there I was giving my advice on poses, preferred pictures and lighting...Hahaha! I am surprised Matt did not kick me out of his studio at that point....
This was an amazing experience, great day and great results! I would recommend a photo shoot with Matt anytime!


Carpe Diem!

To our Health, Wealth and Success!

Arriane Eva Morrin

AEM Master Trainer at AEM health and Fitness










































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

which dishes would you choose? please comment below

Joy and Benefits of Dance Fitness for a Healthier Lifestyle